Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake

No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
Hii..
Who doesn't love a Cheesecake..Its something which can make you smile even on a bad day..Well personally I prefer the No-bake ones to the baked ones..Simply cause I find the flavours and texture more endearing..I usually keep making cheesecakes for some special occasions..But I fine day I was really craving for one so even though there was no special reason I made one and OMG was I happy or was I happy!!
Well I didnot use Cream Cheese here and simply substituted it with some ingredients like cottage cheese, fresh cream and condensed milk (since these were readily available).
I was also craving for some hazelnut chocolate so I decided to incorporate that flavour in the Cheesecake itself. So here goes my Nutella Cheesecake

NO-BAKE NUTELLA CHEESECAKE (EGGLESS)}

Ingredients
Ingredients


For the base
Biscuits - 25-30 digestive biscuits  (or any chocolate biscuit)
Butter - 80 gms

For the cheesecake layer
Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 200 gms
Condensed milk - 1 tin (400 ml) I used milkmaid
Fresh cream - 200 ml (I used Amul fresh cream)
Nutella Jar - 350 gms
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Gelatin - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp

Method

Preparation
1. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch springform pan.
2. If you don't have a springform pan, use your normal cake pan or a tart pan. Line the regular cake pan with a clingfilm or aluminium foil. Line the bottom and sides together without cutting the clingfilm so that you can easily lift the cheesecake out when it's set.
3. Add the gelatin to half cup of water and mix. Set aside for 5 minutes to bloom. Microwave for 30 seconds or heat it in a saucepan for 30 seconds and let it cool. it will become a clear solution. Let it cool.

Preparing the Base

FOR THE BASE
1. Take the largest jar of your blender and add crumbled biscuits in it and process to a fine powder and transfer to a bowl.
2. Melt the butter and add it to the biscuit powder and mix well.
3. Transfer this biscuit mixture to the base of the pan and press well. Refrigerate it until we finish the next step.

Preparing the Cheesecake Layer

FOR THE CHEESECAKE
1. Grate or chop the paneer and add it to a blender. Add the condensed milk and fresh cream and blend till smooth.
2. Now add the vanilla extract, and salt. Blend again.
3. Add the entire Nutella spread and blend again till it's smooth and creamy.
4. Transfer to a bowl. Add the cooled gelatin and mix well.
5. Bring the springform pan from the refrigerator and pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuit base layer.
6. Tap once to remove the air bubbles. Cover and refrigerate until set.
7. Let it set for atleast 4 hours. (I did it overnight)
8. Remove the springform pan slowly and decorate as you wish.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment